What is the Stance Analyser?
We use a Companion Animal Stance Analyser routinely during our assessments. This piece of equipment is similar to a force plate and gives us the percentage of body weight that is being put on each limb.
Why is this important?
- By rapidly capturing multiple snapshots of weight-bearing in each limb and comparing the readings to standard weight-bearing data, we can quickly see if your pet is exhibiting lameness and isolate any issue to a specific limb/limbs.
- We can also track your pets progress as weight-bearing percentages normalise over the course of treatment as well as assessing stability and centre of gravity.
- By being able to keep ahead of lameness with early detection, it is also highly beneficial for sporting and working dogs and can be very useful when evaluating subtle reductions in performance.
- A printable progress report will also be provided to you after each evaluation.
- While the Stance Analyser is incorporated into our physiotherapy & hydrotherapy assessments, it is also available for dogs without a vet referral. Great for owners that simply want to monitor their pet and stay ahead of abnormalities.
- Dog friendly
- Objective weight bearing data
- Detects early or subtle lameness therefore helping to prevent further injury from occurring
- Can potentially recognise chronic conditions such as osteoarthritis early so that a proper treatment plan can be implemented to help minimise disease progression
- Available to both veterinary physiotherapy and non-physiotherapy patients
- Printed report and progress charts provided.
To book an appointment or for more information please contact us on 01932 574300 or firstname.lastname@example.orgWhere to Find Us